It is with sadness that we inform the School community of the passing of Dr Alastair Ramsay, class of 1948.
Dr Ramsay was a great friend and marvellous supporter of the High School, in company with his wife, Dr Anne Barlow. Through their outstanding generosity, the Barlow Ramsay building, with its impressive computing facilities, was opened in October 2003 and he was a regular donor of specialist equipment to the Biology Department.
He was an enthusiastic Trustee of the Educational Trust for many years and a most welcome visitor to the School on his trips from Florida.
He will be sadly missed.